Iannis Xenakis, composer and architect, collaborated with Le Corbusier in the design of the Convent of La Tourette (1953), projecting its façade. He based his work on the score of one of his musical compositions, seeking abstraction from the repetition of the same element that gave different widths and positions ... This may sound weird, but this is what came to my mind as I first saw this beautiful house for rent in Randa.
The first thing I saw was the gate of the small courtyard where the well is hidden. A metal gate with vertical strips, seasoned with its optimum oxidation and placed at different paces, looking for different optical effects depending of the point of observation. It's a small detail, but for me it is an architectural nod.
This house in Randa hides our Tourette. And our Xenakis is called Toni.
- Single-family detached
- 3 rooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Community expenses included
- In good condition
- No elevator
You would like to know…
- House renovated in 2014 by Architect Antonio Forteza. It won the Architecture Prize of Majorca in the category of an intervention in existing buildings.
- Boffi Kitchen, Dorn Bracht faucets, Delta Light lighting and "En Linea Barcelona" furniture.
- Several of the furniture was designed by the architect himself.
- The living room and dining room open onto a patio expressly opened to let in the natural light through large windows.
It's special because…
- The house perfectly combines the structure and original features with the new intervention.
- The choice of materials gives the house an enormous warmth to each one of its corners: wood, polished concrete, painted iron ...
- Natural light enters every room of the house.
- From the master bedroom there are beautiful views of the bell tower and the mountains.
- Its location is strategic, both for the town as for the cul-de-sac street in which the house is located.
- So quiet and peaceful.
Carreró de s'Estany 4, Algaida.Randa
Bus lines: 456, 459
Would you like more info or schedule a visit?