The Man Who Planted Trees
It's funny sometimes to see how a thin silver thread weaves situations and circumstances ... I visit this beautiful house in Son Sardina, located on a street named after the writer Jean Giono, author of an excellent allegorical tale entitled The Man Who Planted Trees. He is also known for his fervent admiration with all the classic. And as I go into the house, I see a huge wall mural, representing a classic scene painted with egg tempera, all done by the current owner.
While she tells me details about this wall painting, we go to the garden, a beautiful green corner with ivy and some trees. The silence and the greenery that surrounds us, help me to understand the subtle and capricious constellation of the moment. In Giono's own words: "If you really want to discover the exceptional character of human qualities, you must have the time or the opportunity to observe their behavior for several years. If this behavior is not selfish, if it is dominated by a boundless generosity, if it is so obvious that there is no effort to reward, and that has also left a visible mark on the land, then there can be no possible mistake."
- Row House
- 4 rooms
- 2 bathrooms
- Parking included
- Air conditioning
- Built-in closets
- In good condition
- Storage room
- Private garage
- No elevator
You would like to know…
- Family house in Son Sardina with 195 sqm plus a garden of 90 sqm built on a plot of 210 sqm. Basement of 33 sqm with workshop and warehouse. 94 sqm ground floor destined to day area.
- The large garage has 24 sqm and a laundry area.
- Beech and merbau flooring; wooden staircase and doors; walls with Venetian stucco and aluminum blinds and frames with double glazing.
- The main facade is oriented to the East and all rooms receive natural light.
- Very warm and friendly family house in perfect condition.
It's special because…
- Tempera paints in the living room are the work of the current owner.
- The gap in the living room gives the space a seventies touch. In addition, the fireplace is an essential element in the distribution of this room.
- The layout of the house is the original, with all the original finishes chosen by its current owners.
- Very elaborate and careful garden, ivy-covered and some trees. It is a magical corner of the house.
- This house allows you to live in a rural environment but a few meters from Palma because you have a subway stop across the street.
Jean Giono 15, Son Sardina.Palma de Mallorca
- Bus: lines 211, 220.
- Metro: line M1 (Son Sardina).
Would you like more info or schedule a visit?