Instructions for Climbing a Staircase
"There is no one who hasn’t observed that frequently the floor will fold in such a manner that one part of it rises at a right angle with the plane of the floor, and later the following part is placed in a parallel manner to this plane, giving way to a new perpendicular, and that this conduct repeats as a spiral or broken line up to an extremely variable height."
And so they were, in broken line and spiral, one old and one new, the stairs I saw when I visited this wonderful three-storey apartment. And so I followed the Instructions for Climbing a Staircase from Cronopios and Famas by famous writer Julio Cortázar. A book thanks to which one re-learns things as simple as to cry, to fear, to set a clock or, in this case, to climb a staircase. But most importantly, one re-learns that the magic is in the everyday.
- 5 rooms
- 3 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Built-in closets
- In good condition
- No elevator
You would like to know…
- Triplex in a corner building located in the neighborhood of Santa Catalina. The building was built in 1900 but then renovated and expanded in 1997.
- The living room has two balconies (one facing Av. Argentina and the other to Anníbal street).
- On the second floor there is a 15 sq.m terrace oriented to southwest with views of the harbor. From the first floors there are views of "Sa Faixina" park.
- The two bedrooms with playground have a balcony.
- Kitchen equipped with original stone sink made from a single piece.
- It can be divided into two individual apartments with a separate entrance which is now walled up.
It's special because…
- Located in Santa Catalina neighborhood, one of the trendiest neighborhoods of Palma nowadays.
- The hydraulic mosaic floors and the different original features (staircase, woodworks, Mallorcan blinds, molded ceilings and wood-beamed ceilings ...) make this dwelling such a special one.
- Excellent quality materials (aluminum frames on the top floor, sisal and parquet flooring, interior iron stairs ...).
Annibal 1, Santa Catalina.Palma
Bus: 3, 5, 7, 20, 46
Would you like more info or schedule a visit?