The Salmon Colored Building
I must admit, not without some embarrassment, that I knew nothing of the history of this building until now, that we have two houses for sale in it. When it was built, I was a little girl, and neither I remember the great excavation that had to be made to accommodate four floors of underground parking, nor how the structure was coated with aluminum lacquered plates salmon colored. This is the reason why all Alicantinos refer to the San Cristobal as “The salmon colored building”.
If now there was such a huge thing happening in Alicante, I have no doubt that it would cause me a great impression and that I would continue its progress very attentively. Of course, memory is clumsy and selective, and when I first entered the building (a friend from school invited me to play at her home), I went up through the mechanical stairs as if they had been there forever and had appeared overnight. Well, as I said it before, memory is selective and clumsy. But ungrateful too!
- 4 rooms
- 4 bathrooms
- Air conditioning
- Built-in closets
- Community expenses: 258€/month
- In good condition
You would like to know…
- Apartment located in the San Cristobal building, built in 1980 and such a landmark in Alicante.
- It has two different entrances. The main one leads to a large hall, and the service entrance provides access to the kitchen through a laundry area.
- This kitchen comes fully equipped and is very bright thanks to the big windows that overlook a courtyard.
- Living and dining rooms very spacious.
- The apartment has four bedrooms, one with dressing room, a private bathroom, and views of the Rambla; the other three bedrooms overlook to a large courtyard that provide plenty of light, because the property is located on the top floor of the building.
- Wooden floors, alternating with carpet or tile floors depending on the room. High quality wooden joinery and plenty of built-in closets. Aluminum exterior carpentry.
- The apartment is in great condition due to its high quality materials. But due to the passage of time, you may think it needs some reform.
- There is concierge service.
- There is no parking included. But there is an elevator that connects the building with the San Cristobal parking, where you can easily find parking spaces available for rent.
It's special because…
- It is a truly unique building in the city of Alicante and across Europe we could say. Because of its facade is composed almost entirely of pieces of lacquered aluminum. And for its construction, there were needed hundreds of tons of concrete due to geological soil conditions. It was designed by the architect Alfonso Navarro Guzman.
- The building has a magnificent entrance hall with mechanical stairs that lead to the elevators.
- It has an awesome seventies air in every detail.
Rambla Méndez Núñez 40, Centro.Alicante
Bus L02 L21, L22, L39
Tram L01, L02, L03, L04
Would you like more info or schedule a visit?